Information about this site
Using the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
, The Maclay Murray & Spens LLP website has been built with accessibility in mind. We aim to create a single engaging experience with consideration to diversity, however should you experience any issues please contact us
and we will do our best to resolve this in a timely manner.
If you are finding it difficult to navigate the internet, the BBC’s my web my way
can help you customise your browser and suggest tools to greatly enhance your experience when using the internet. We highly recommend this and hope it helps improve your experience with our website as well.
Alternatively you can contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Browser and device compatibility
This website has been tested against the following browsers and devices:
- Internet Explorer 9-11 & Edge
- Chrome (Latest version)
- Firefox (Latest version)
- Android 4-5, Chrome (Latest version)
- iOS 8-9 (Safari 8-9)
It is also compatible with the following freely available screen readers:
- NVDA (Windows)
- VoiceOver (Mac & iOS)
- Talkback (Android)
The site will support screen magnifiers & braille devices. It will also function correctly using mobile iOS and Android & Windows desktop accessibility features.
Each page uses Cascading Style Sheets, which have been built in a responsive manner. This prevents issues resulting from screen resizing or device orientation, but also means you can manipulate or disable them to read the website in a way that fits your needs.
Content and design
Each page has been designed to provide a rich experience for all users regardless of their age or any disabilities they may have.
- The content and labelling used on each page is written using as natural language as possible.
- Site navigation is kept simple and consistent.
- Site search features are easily accessible from the top of each page.
- A contact link and option to navigate home is available on each page.
- Text is sized appropriately, with the ability to resize if required.
- Decorative images are excluded from view of assistive technologies with empty alt tags & those which provide useful context to a user have appropriate alt text added.
- Where possible we avoid using text on images & if this is unavoidable alt text is provided for that image.
- All page elements have a good contrast between foreground text and background colours.
- Forms used throughout the site are correctly labelled with appropriate error messages conveyed should a user enter invalid text into a field.
- Accessibility features react appropriately across mobile, tablet and desktop devices and browsers.
The site supports the ability to zoom, change font sizes and pinch zoom on mobile. You can also fully customise your experience with your own custom style sheets.
Most browsers allow you to resize the page by holding down the CTRL key and pressing + to increase the size & - to decrease. CTRL + 0 can be used to reset the page to its original size.
Holding down CTRL while moving the mouse wheel up or down, will also increase or decrease the size of the page for most browsers. Again CTRL + 0 can be used to reset its size.
Default text sizing can be changed via the browsers settings on Internet Explore and Firefox, but not Chrome which only supports zoom.
Pinching an area of the device with your two fingers then slowly moving them apart will activate the zoom gesture on most mobile devices. Some devices will also have automatic zoom features to make the selection of navigation items easier.
Default font sizes can be changed via the devices accessibility settings or browser settings.
The easiest way to gain an understanding of the structure of the site is via the sitemap page.
All pages are keyboard navigable, with navigation links to the main sections of the site on each page, accessible via the header (top) and footer (bottom) areas.
We recently redeveloped our website, however as technology changes rapidly on the web we will continually review these changes to maintain accessibility standards over time.
The most recent changes and improvements we make will be listed here.